The course starts Friday 5.00pm and finishes Sunday afternoon around 4.00pm
You will have 2 nights bush camping with a campfire classroom set up for all those interested in learning or honing their basic/advanced survival knowledge on how to have a safer or more adventurous wilderness experience, and of course what to do when ‘Plan A’ is not going the way you intended it to.
Many irrational fears cloud people’s engagement with our wilderness – even in the bushlands of suburbia. The fear of snakes, spiders, becoming lost and being alone are all acquired fears. Survival skills can replace fear with respect for, and trust in, nature. Such knowledge enables people to walk freely and feel safer in our natural environment. As a society we need to recapture the survival skills and empathy with nature which our ancestors instinctively knew. True appreciation and understanding of our natural environment may be the only factor that saves it, and, on occasions, us.
This course is a contribution to this necessary new awareness.
Subjects covered include:
- Psychology of survival
- Water procurement techniques
- Alternative fire-lighting methods
- Edible and medicinal plants
- Avoiding poisoning by toxic vegetation
- Stellar and solar navigation
- Modern and traditional survival skills
- Snake awareness
- Useful and harmful sea coast creatures
- Day and night signals
- Plus many more useful lessons to make your outings safer.
The course fee: $695.00 (includes GST) per person
Your fee includes:
- 2 nights & 2 days of practical and theoretical instruction in the bush with Bob Cooper and Ann Gerlach
- All meals and accommodation fees on the weekend are included
- Your own Bob Cooper Survival Kit valued at $89.95
- Your own Snake Bite Treatment Kit valued at $21.95
- Your own HELP Survival Blanket valued at $19.99
On successful completion of the course, you will be presented with the Outback Survival Certificate.
Detailed joining instructions will be sent to all participants prior to the course commencing.
Minimum age 16 years. Minors to be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
This link is to frequently asked questions on the WA Outback Survival Course, Click here.View FAQs
Covid 19 Precautions:
We request that all participants be fully vaccinated for Covid 19 prior to attending the course.
All mandatory requirements must be followed that are in place at the time of the course.